When asked to write about homeopathic remedies that may be of use during the Holiday (Holy Days) Season, due to excess….I thought, “Oh, how fun!”
Then, I suddenly felt sad, and realized that this was going to be a very difficult task.
Why? Because we should really have more self-control.
But here we go again with our mere, mortal mentality and sadly, excess continues to be part of our human weakness.
So, my suggestions to all: Try to constrain your appetite by thinking of others first, practice charity in a way that puts you near the end of the line for activities and dinner. That way, you can spend more time being thankful and watchful over the needs of others. (This little activity will bring a sense of awareness to your festivities and you will find that your Holy-day Season is more fulfilling as well as more spiritual)
Of course; it isn’t just overeating that can cause us to suffer from “Excess,” it can also be longer hours at work or at home while we are trying to prepare gifts, meals, or charity work… or it can simply be from a disordered diet. We can suffer from excess during these preparatory days, due to financial concerns of the very demanding cultural times that we live in.
Sad as it is, all of these things can cause us to have indigestion, heart burn, flatulence or loss of sleep.
Even if we are prayerful and are trying our very best not to get sucked into the Secular idea of the “Holiday Season,” it’s ok to admit our frailness and to reach for help with a few simple homeopathic remedies:
Here are a few of the remedies I like to reach for during times of Excess:
1. Too Much remedy: Nux vomica: Great for over-indulgence of all kinds: too much food, too much drink, too much work, too much play….this remedy is a must.
2. For slow digestion, or improper digestion, esp. of fats: A couple of my favorites are:
Pulsatilla: the main remedy for inability to digest fats…and
Carbo-veg.: for those whom Puls. Seems to do nothing for, are usually aided by this remedy.
3. Flatulence: is very often aided by a dose of Carbo-veg. or Lycopodium (Lyc. Esp. if the flatulence is a late afternoon problem), Bryonia, if worse for motion. And Sepia also, can come in handy if there is vomiting after eating.
And for those who are feeling:
5. Anxiety due to lack of Sleep: again, Nit. Ac. can be oh, so helpful for this type of exhaustion, esp. if there is shortness of breath. But we cannot forget the most helpful of all Care-givers remedies: Cocculus; a wonderful antidote for those needing to balance from long hours of caring for others or doting on their needs.
And last but certainly not least:
6. Anxiety due to financial worry: Calc. ars. And Calc. fluor. Are wonderful helps for the mind laden with financial worries.
So, don’t hesitate to reach for these helpful remedies during the Season of Excess, but don’t forget other simple things as well:
*Frankincense resin for heartburn – 3 or 4 little resin lumps swallowed with water helps to rid the body of heartburn.
*Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) – a half teaspoon, mixed in a half cup of warm water, stirred until dissolved and drunk down, will work to balance the acidic level and aid in digestion.
*Warm Chamomile tea before bed helps just about everyone, get a good, restful night's sleep.
And of Course:
Joy. Wear a smile and before you know it. You will convince yourself that you are happy and you will definitely affect the lives of those you meet in a joyful way!
May God Bless You and Yours,
Are you interested in being part of a wonderful online, private Homeopathy Community? I am so happy to offer our New Homeopathy for Mommies Members Corner; it is a wonderful opportunity for you to grow even deeper in your knowledge of Homeopathy so you can feel confident in treating your family with Homeopathy with the support of a private community. We have New resources available weekly, monthly Live Q&A video call with me, monthly mini-trainings, members only Sales, Audio remedy reviews, Plus a private members forum where you can ask me and other members your questions about homeopathy! There are Great Resources available here that cannot be found anywhere else! I hope you will join us!
We only open membership a few times a year, so we can focus on creating quality content for our Members. If membership isn't currently open, you can join the waiting list now!